A Guide To Preparing For Placement Aptitude Test
What is the purpose of the aptitude test?
The purpose of an aptitude test is to assess your problem-solving abilities. Make sure you are solving problems faster than your competitors. There is no way to progress further into the interview rounds in any of the companies without taking an aptitude test. Taking an aptitude test is a stressful experience, so we share career guidance tips for avoiding it.
1. Bringing together information on aptitude tests
- prepare for campus placement 7-8 months in advance by researching aptitude tests.
- Seek advice from seniors - Your graduated seniors can help you with the aptitude test since they also found it helpful. In addition, you can also get sample papers and other materials, as well as guidance and tips. Because they are fresh out of college, they would remember every detail.
- Contact the campus placement office.
- List the companies that conduct aptitude tests. This information can usually be found in placement cells.
- Test of external aptitude.
- In Quora or Reddit, you can learn more about external aptitude tests like AMCAT tests that can help you with skill assessment and help you get a job.
2. Identify the key topics for every subject:
- Examine the general subjects, such as quantitative ability, logical ability, and English, as well as the engineering-specific subjects.
- Choose books written by experts such as Dr. RS Aggarwal on the Aptitude test. Pay attention to the important topics. In this section, we discuss some of the topics relevant to aptitude tests for quantitative aptitude.
Quantitative Ability-Basic Mathematics, Divisibility, HCM & LCM, Numbers, Decimal Fractions & Power, Applied Mathematics, Profit & Loss, Simple and compound interest Time, Speed, and Distance, Inverse , Engineering Mathematics, Logarithms, Permutations & Combinations, Probability.
Logical Ability- Deductive Reasoning, Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Directional Sense, Logical Word, Sequence, Objective Reasoning, Selection decision tables, Puzzles, Inductive Reasoning, Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition, Analogy and Classification pattern recognition, Adductive Reasoning, Logical word sequence, Data sufficiency
Verbal Skills-Glossary, Term synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary relevant to the context, Grammar, Identification of the error, Construction and Improvement of Sentences, Comprehension, Reading Comprehension
3. You can practice the sample papers
- Using old question papers, you can identify the important topics. Make sure those topics and the question patterns are discussed prior to the expiration of a few months.
- After acquiring the subject knowledge you can start learning about other facets of the aptitude test, such as testing the time limit or completing the whole paper. Solve as many sample papers as you can.
4. Make reference material and information sheets
- Information sheets are documents containing the most important information, such as formulas, grammar rules, word lists, basic concepts, etc. Create such sheets for every section and keep them in a folder.
- To revise in the last few hours before your aptitude test, these sheets must be precise and comprehensive.
5. You need to revise a lot
- Preparation is the key to success.
- .Revise the important topics until a week before the aptitude test. As soon as the placement season begins, you have to prepare for several things, such as group discussions and technical interviews.
Career Prospects in The Hotel Management Industry | Hotel Management
Hotel management graduates have a wide range of career options at their fingertips. Since the hospitality industry has many departments like operations, food, and beverage, front office, accounting, security, etc. you can choose your preferred department and apply for various jobs.
How To Motivate Yourself | Motive Yourself in 11 Ways
self-motivation is described as being able to do what needs to be done without being influenced by other people or situations and being able to keep making progress toward a goal, regardless of how difficult or difficult it may feel.
Career in Space Engineering | Space Engineering
For a career in space science, space applications, or space technology, experience in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics is necessary. These subjects can be pursued at Bachelor’s programs after completing 10+2 level from the science stream.
Career in Sports Engineering | Sports Engineering
A sports engineer is a professional who designs, develops, and tests the equipment used in sports. Technologically speaking, sports equipment has always been designed and developed with the latest knowledge and understanding.
Career Opportunities in Dairy Technology | Dairy Technology
Career in Printing Technology | Printing Technology
Printing Technology is a field in engineering which deals with the design and operation of printing presses.Many jobs in the printing technology field involve designing pages based on the needs of the client. The printing press handles book design, page design, cover design, poster design, and sometimes even clothing design.
Career and Scope in Ocean Engineering
The field of ocean engineering is a subset of marine technology studies, including maritime engineering, that focuses on applying design, construction, and maintenance methods to ocean environments. It is one of the branches of technological studies that deal with the design and operation of man-made systems in the oceans and other bodies of water.
Career in Computer Networking | Computer Networking
In the Computer Networking field, networking is defined as the process of forming, developing, and maintaining computer networks.
Career Opportunities in Computer Science
Computer science is indeed a major part of education. An undergraduate degree in computer science is also an accessible and vital career path, so we can say it's a good one. Despite that, students still get confused about what to do after graduating from an engineering program in computer science. Nowadays, there are many career options available to you.
Career Opportunities in Civil Engineering
The primary function of civil engineers is to design, build and supervise infrastructure projects and systems Civil engineers work in different locations and conditions.