A Guide To Preparing For Placement Aptitude Test
What is the purpose of the aptitude test?
The purpose of an aptitude test is to assess your problem-solving abilities. Make sure you are solving problems faster than your competitors. There is no way to progress further into the interview rounds in any of the companies without taking an aptitude test. Taking an aptitude test is a stressful experience, so we share career guidance tips for avoiding it.
1. Bringing together information on aptitude tests
- prepare for campus placement 7-8 months in advance by researching aptitude tests.
- Seek advice from seniors - Your graduated seniors can help you with the aptitude test since they also found it helpful. In addition, you can also get sample papers and other materials, as well as guidance and tips. Because they are fresh out of college, they would remember every detail.
- Contact the campus placement office.
- List the companies that conduct aptitude tests. This information can usually be found in placement cells.
- Test of external aptitude.
- In Quora or Reddit, you can learn more about external aptitude tests like AMCAT tests that can help you with skill assessment and help you get a job.
2. Identify the key topics for every subject:
- Examine the general subjects, such as quantitative ability, logical ability, and English, as well as the engineering-specific subjects.
- Choose books written by experts such as Dr. RS Aggarwal on the Aptitude test. Pay attention to the important topics. In this section, we discuss some of the topics relevant to aptitude tests for quantitative aptitude.
Quantitative Ability-Basic Mathematics, Divisibility, HCM & LCM, Numbers, Decimal Fractions & Power, Applied Mathematics, Profit & Loss, Simple and compound interest Time, Speed, and Distance, Inverse , Engineering Mathematics, Logarithms, Permutations & Combinations, Probability.
Logical Ability- Deductive Reasoning, Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Directional Sense, Logical Word, Sequence, Objective Reasoning, Selection decision tables, Puzzles, Inductive Reasoning, Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition, Analogy and Classification pattern recognition, Adductive Reasoning, Logical word sequence, Data sufficiency
Verbal Skills-Glossary, Term synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary relevant to the context, Grammar, Identification of the error, Construction and Improvement of Sentences, Comprehension, Reading Comprehension
3. You can practice the sample papers
- Using old question papers, you can identify the important topics. Make sure those topics and the question patterns are discussed prior to the expiration of a few months.
- After acquiring the subject knowledge you can start learning about other facets of the aptitude test, such as testing the time limit or completing the whole paper. Solve as many sample papers as you can.
4. Make reference material and information sheets
- Information sheets are documents containing the most important information, such as formulas, grammar rules, word lists, basic concepts, etc. Create such sheets for every section and keep them in a folder.
- To revise in the last few hours before your aptitude test, these sheets must be precise and comprehensive.
5. You need to revise a lot
- Preparation is the key to success.
- .Revise the important topics until a week before the aptitude test. As soon as the placement season begins, you have to prepare for several things, such as group discussions and technical interviews.
Career In Transportation Engineering
A transportation engineer is someone who applies technology and scientific principles to the planning, functional design, operation, and management of facilities to provide for safe, comfortable, convenient, economical and environmentally friendly movement of people and goods.
The Indian education system
Gurukula was a system of education in ancient times, in which students were taught at the homes of teachers. After becoming a student of the guru he would live at the guru's house and help him with all household chores. A student could stay as long as she wished or until the guru felt he had taught her everything he had to teach if he felt he had taught everything he had to teach. Learning in ancient India was closely connected to nature and skill set life, rather than confined to memorizing information.
How to Prepare For Group Discussions | How One Can Crack Group Discussion
A Group Discussion (GD) is a technique employed by corporate companies, educational institutes, and other organizations to guage the communication skills of the participant. Here we gonna give the Top 10 tips to prepare for group discussion
Career Opportunities in Travel And Tourism | Travel and Tourism Career in India
The tourism sector offers a very large scope of employment opportunities and a wide variety of employment opportunities in both the public and private sectors. In the public sector, opportunities are available in the Departments and Centres.