A Guide To Preparing For Placement Aptitude Test
What is the purpose of the aptitude test?
The purpose of an aptitude test is to assess your problem-solving abilities. Make sure you are solving problems faster than your competitors. There is no way to progress further into the interview rounds in any of the companies without taking an aptitude test. Taking an aptitude test is a stressful experience, so we share career guidance tips for avoiding it.
1. Bringing together information on aptitude tests
- prepare for campus placement 7-8 months in advance by researching aptitude tests.
- Seek advice from seniors - Your graduated seniors can help you with the aptitude test since they also found it helpful. In addition, you can also get sample papers and other materials, as well as guidance and tips. Because they are fresh out of college, they would remember every detail.
- Contact the campus placement office.
- List the companies that conduct aptitude tests. This information can usually be found in placement cells.
- Test of external aptitude.
- In Quora or Reddit, you can learn more about external aptitude tests like AMCAT tests that can help you with skill assessment and help you get a job.
2. Identify the key topics for every subject:
- Examine the general subjects, such as quantitative ability, logical ability, and English, as well as the engineering-specific subjects.
- Choose books written by experts such as Dr. RS Aggarwal on the Aptitude test. Pay attention to the important topics. In this section, we discuss some of the topics relevant to aptitude tests for quantitative aptitude.
Quantitative Ability-Basic Mathematics, Divisibility, HCM & LCM, Numbers, Decimal Fractions & Power, Applied Mathematics, Profit & Loss, Simple and compound interest Time, Speed, and Distance, Inverse , Engineering Mathematics, Logarithms, Permutations & Combinations, Probability.
Logical Ability- Deductive Reasoning, Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Directional Sense, Logical Word, Sequence, Objective Reasoning, Selection decision tables, Puzzles, Inductive Reasoning, Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition, Analogy and Classification pattern recognition, Adductive Reasoning, Logical word sequence, Data sufficiency
Verbal Skills-Glossary, Term synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary relevant to the context, Grammar, Identification of the error, Construction and Improvement of Sentences, Comprehension, Reading Comprehension
3. You can practice the sample papers
- Using old question papers, you can identify the important topics. Make sure those topics and the question patterns are discussed prior to the expiration of a few months.
- After acquiring the subject knowledge you can start learning about other facets of the aptitude test, such as testing the time limit or completing the whole paper. Solve as many sample papers as you can.
4. Make reference material and information sheets
- Information sheets are documents containing the most important information, such as formulas, grammar rules, word lists, basic concepts, etc. Create such sheets for every section and keep them in a folder.
- To revise in the last few hours before your aptitude test, these sheets must be precise and comprehensive.
5. You need to revise a lot
- Preparation is the key to success.
- .Revise the important topics until a week before the aptitude test. As soon as the placement season begins, you have to prepare for several things, such as group discussions and technical interviews.
Part Time Jobs | Best Paying Part Time Jobs
Working part-time means you work a fixed number of hours each day or week. You may work morning, afternoon, evening, or night shifts. Part-time jobs are ideal for people who prefer a work-life balance or cannot commit to a full-time job due to family obligations. Part-time employees are in demand, including seasonal workers, freelancers, etc. You can make money online in a number of ways, Here are our top picks for the best part-time jobs for workers seeking part-time work.
How To Become A Software Engineer/Developer
The field of software engineering is constantly changing. So, adopting new technologies is a must as they develop. IT professions have a wide variety of entry points due to their constantly changing nature. There is no single way to accomplish this, however. The following steps will help you become a knowledgeable programmer.
Hard skills: 9 skills for the job success
The hard skills are those which can be learned and measured. Training and education are generally necessary to acquire hard skills. Having a skill objectively evaluated is a good way to determine someone's proficiency. Most degrees and certifications require hard skills, including math, engineering, and even some humanities or social sciences.
Hard skill VS Softskill: WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT?
What is a soft skill?
Soft skills are character traits and interpersonal skills that characterize a person's relationships with other people. In the workplace, soft skills are considered to be a complement to hard skills, which refer to a person's knowledge and occupational skills.
What is a Hard Skill?
A hard skill is related to specific technical knowledge and training, which is measured by a test. It doesn't matter what job they are used for, these skills can be learned through formal education or on-the-job training. In contrast, soft skills are driven by characteristics such as leadership, communication, or time management. Soft skill is not a specific skill but is one that applies to all occupations.
Soft Skills | Everything You Need To Know About Soft Skills
Your personality is what defines your soft skills and they demonstrate how you accomplish specific tasks. Communicating effectively, being reliable, and working well with others are all soft skills. Your soft skills affect not only how you work at work, but how you conduct yourself day-to-day as well.
10 Tips To Choose Your Career
How to choose a career? seems like an easy question but actually, it's one among the toughest to answer. here we are assisting you to build your career in 10 easy steps. Discover the ten easy ways to work out the way to choose a career to seek out the foremost suitable career that fits you.
Top 7 Scholarship For Indian Students
A scholarship is awarded to encourage talent and to provide access to the type of education you deserve no matter how much money you have. Consequently, if you are someone who believes they deserve the best education and is not afraid to prove it, or know someone who could benefit from such scholarships, you should read on.
How To Use Social Media As A Learning Tool
social media can be an excellent tool for education. To achieve that goal, why not use social media and networks for training, since you are always trying toconnect your methods with the real world.
How to Become a Digital Marketer in 2021
Digital marketing refers to advertising delivered over the Internet through technologies, such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile apps. Digital marketing involves the use of online media channels by companies to endorse their products, services, and brands.
Are You Eligible To Appear For The Civil Services Examination?
The UPSC Board has certain predefined parameters that define the eligibility of the candidates to appear for the Civil Services Examination. Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification, and Number of allowed attempts are the parameters that make for this criterion. Our blog post discusses each one of them in detail.