A Guide To Preparing For Placement Aptitude Test
What is the purpose of the aptitude test?
The purpose of an aptitude test is to assess your problem-solving abilities. Make sure you are solving problems faster than your competitors. There is no way to progress further into the interview rounds in any of the companies without taking an aptitude test. Taking an aptitude test is a stressful experience, so we share career guidance tips for avoiding it.
1. Bringing together information on aptitude tests
- prepare for campus placement 7-8 months in advance by researching aptitude tests.
- Seek advice from seniors - Your graduated seniors can help you with the aptitude test since they also found it helpful. In addition, you can also get sample papers and other materials, as well as guidance and tips. Because they are fresh out of college, they would remember every detail.
- Contact the campus placement office.
- List the companies that conduct aptitude tests. This information can usually be found in placement cells.
- Test of external aptitude.
- In Quora or Reddit, you can learn more about external aptitude tests like AMCAT tests that can help you with skill assessment and help you get a job.
2. Identify the key topics for every subject:
- Examine the general subjects, such as quantitative ability, logical ability, and English, as well as the engineering-specific subjects.
- Choose books written by experts such as Dr. RS Aggarwal on the Aptitude test. Pay attention to the important topics. In this section, we discuss some of the topics relevant to aptitude tests for quantitative aptitude.
Quantitative Ability-Basic Mathematics, Divisibility, HCM & LCM, Numbers, Decimal Fractions & Power, Applied Mathematics, Profit & Loss, Simple and compound interest Time, Speed, and Distance, Inverse , Engineering Mathematics, Logarithms, Permutations & Combinations, Probability.
Logical Ability- Deductive Reasoning, Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Directional Sense, Logical Word, Sequence, Objective Reasoning, Selection decision tables, Puzzles, Inductive Reasoning, Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition, Analogy and Classification pattern recognition, Adductive Reasoning, Logical word sequence, Data sufficiency
Verbal Skills-Glossary, Term synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary relevant to the context, Grammar, Identification of the error, Construction and Improvement of Sentences, Comprehension, Reading Comprehension
3. You can practice the sample papers
- Using old question papers, you can identify the important topics. Make sure those topics and the question patterns are discussed prior to the expiration of a few months.
- After acquiring the subject knowledge you can start learning about other facets of the aptitude test, such as testing the time limit or completing the whole paper. Solve as many sample papers as you can.
4. Make reference material and information sheets
- Information sheets are documents containing the most important information, such as formulas, grammar rules, word lists, basic concepts, etc. Create such sheets for every section and keep them in a folder.
- To revise in the last few hours before your aptitude test, these sheets must be precise and comprehensive.
5. You need to revise a lot
- Preparation is the key to success.
- .Revise the important topics until a week before the aptitude test. As soon as the placement season begins, you have to prepare for several things, such as group discussions and technical interviews.
Top 5 Canadian Universities For Higher Education
Canada is known to be home to some of the best research universities in the world. We have compiled a list of top 5 offering excellent programs of international repute.
Understanding The Indian Civil Service Examination
CSE, also known as the Civil Service Examination is an all-India exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. If you are aspiring to apply for jobs in the civil services sector, appearing for the civil services examination is a mandatory requirement.
Studying In USA- The Process
Taking your first step to studying in the USA? As a student, it is important that you introspect and plan before taking the final plunge since you will be all by yourself in a foreign land.
Different Resume Formats That You Must Know
A resume is a perfect advertising tool for candidates while applying for jobs. But it is important to understand that using one standard format might not be a bright idea. There are different types of formats available for different job openings. Creating one depending upon the job profile can be extremely beneficial to create a lasting impression. In general there are four standard types used by candidates.
List Of Competitive Exams To Appear For Government Job Recruitment
Securing a government job is an aspiration for many in our country. But not many of us are aware that the bank jobs are not the only ones in the sector, the list is long and exhaustive. Various competitive exams are conducted to initiate recruitment for the same. Through our blog post, we have put together a list of such exams.
The Exam Pattern For IBPS PO Prelims And Mains
Gearing up to appear for the IBPS PO exam? Here is what you need to know about the syllabus and exam pattern, minimum cut-off and other essential information.
Appearing For The IBPS PO Exam
The IBPS PO exam is the perfect gateway if you wish to apply for a job with any of the public sector banks. The organization conducts a common written entrance exam online pan India.
The Perks Of Being A Banker
With the immense growth in the financial sector the banking arena has grown by many folds.Today banks have become a prominent part of the society offering numerous career opportunities to many aspirants. Along with the opportunities there are many perks as well that are associated with a bank job.
Top Computer Science Colleges In India
Computer Engineering today has become one of the highly soft after career choices amongst the youth. One can say that the stellar rise of IT companies in India has led to the trend.
Cracking The Campus Recruitment Drive
Campus recruitments are an important event for any college student. How one's career progresses depends much on the first company they get selected into. With the competition increasing at an exponential rate it is important to stand out from the rest. Hence it is always advisable to prepare for the recruitment drive much in advance.