A Guide To Preparing For Placement Aptitude Test
What is the purpose of the aptitude test?
The purpose of an aptitude test is to assess your problem-solving abilities. Make sure you are solving problems faster than your competitors. There is no way to progress further into the interview rounds in any of the companies without taking an aptitude test. Taking an aptitude test is a stressful experience, so we share career guidance tips for avoiding it.
1. Bringing together information on aptitude tests
- prepare for campus placement 7-8 months in advance by researching aptitude tests.
- Seek advice from seniors - Your graduated seniors can help you with the aptitude test since they also found it helpful. In addition, you can also get sample papers and other materials, as well as guidance and tips. Because they are fresh out of college, they would remember every detail.
- Contact the campus placement office.
- List the companies that conduct aptitude tests. This information can usually be found in placement cells.
- Test of external aptitude.
- In Quora or Reddit, you can learn more about external aptitude tests like AMCAT tests that can help you with skill assessment and help you get a job.
2. Identify the key topics for every subject:
- Examine the general subjects, such as quantitative ability, logical ability, and English, as well as the engineering-specific subjects.
- Choose books written by experts such as Dr. RS Aggarwal on the Aptitude test. Pay attention to the important topics. In this section, we discuss some of the topics relevant to aptitude tests for quantitative aptitude.
Quantitative Ability-Basic Mathematics, Divisibility, HCM & LCM, Numbers, Decimal Fractions & Power, Applied Mathematics, Profit & Loss, Simple and compound interest Time, Speed, and Distance, Inverse , Engineering Mathematics, Logarithms, Permutations & Combinations, Probability.
Logical Ability- Deductive Reasoning, Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Directional Sense, Logical Word, Sequence, Objective Reasoning, Selection decision tables, Puzzles, Inductive Reasoning, Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition, Analogy and Classification pattern recognition, Adductive Reasoning, Logical word sequence, Data sufficiency
Verbal Skills-Glossary, Term synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary relevant to the context, Grammar, Identification of the error, Construction and Improvement of Sentences, Comprehension, Reading Comprehension
3. You can practice the sample papers
- Using old question papers, you can identify the important topics. Make sure those topics and the question patterns are discussed prior to the expiration of a few months.
- After acquiring the subject knowledge you can start learning about other facets of the aptitude test, such as testing the time limit or completing the whole paper. Solve as many sample papers as you can.
4. Make reference material and information sheets
- Information sheets are documents containing the most important information, such as formulas, grammar rules, word lists, basic concepts, etc. Create such sheets for every section and keep them in a folder.
- To revise in the last few hours before your aptitude test, these sheets must be precise and comprehensive.
5. You need to revise a lot
- Preparation is the key to success.
- .Revise the important topics until a week before the aptitude test. As soon as the placement season begins, you have to prepare for several things, such as group discussions and technical interviews.
A Comprehensive Guide For SAT Exam
Studying abroad could be more than just a mundane educational experience. It not only opens up new horizons but gives one a new perspective in life. An international degree can be the stepping to stone to a bright flourishing career in future. Appearing for the SAT exam can just be that kickstart you are looking for.
Top Medical Colleges In India
Looking for a career in the medical field? We have compiled a list of some of the best medical colleges in the country that will help you get started. The list has been prepared on various factors like quality of academics, infrastructure, and faculty, etc.
Tips To Improving Your Chances Of Getting A Government Job
With the increasing demand finding a government job is a tough job. There are certain tips that can help increase your chances but always remember there are no shortcuts though. Systematic preparation and channelizing your efforts in the right direction is very important.
Preparing For The Indian Administrative Services Exam
The IAS exam is a popular competitive exam conducted by the UPSC in India. It is considered to be one of the premier posts and offers a lucrative career for the candidates. The blog post provides all the necessary information related to the exam.
Top Competitive Entrance Exams After 12th
If appearing for the competitive exams is your agenda after the 12th check out our extensive resources on various exam categories.
Career Opportunities In The Banking Sector In India
Looking to build a career in the banking sector in India? Check out the different types of jobs that you can apply for depending upon your qualifications.
Benefits Of Studying In Abroad
With globalized job markets having an international degree can give a good initial boost to your career. Apart from increasing your employability studying abroad can also have various other benefits as well. Through our blog post, we would discuss on how studying abroad can be a life-changing experience during your student life and beyond.
The Resume Guide for Freshers
Finished with college? Time to take the next step and venture into the professional world. The first thing that you need is a well-written resume that reflects your credentials.