Career Opportunities In Physical Education
What is Physical Education?
A physical education program involves teaching students physical competence and knowledge about movement and safety, as well as their ability to apply these skills to a wide range of activities associated with a healthy, active lifestyle. The goal of physical education is to teach basic motor skills, games, and lifelong fitness activities as well as social and personal skills related to physical activities.
A course in Physical Education involves the study of a wide range of subjects, ranging from Philosophy to Information Technology. Each subject has a direct bearing on the performance of the students. Education in Physical Education prepares an individual for a variety of careers, including chiropractic and teaching, recreational leadership and athletic training, and dance therapy and sports management.
Perks Of Physical Education
- You can learn a variety of skills in sports, games, dance, swimming, and outdoor pursuits that you can share with others.
- Developing leadership, management, organizational, and communication skills are essential in any career interaction.
- Understand the human body, how it works, and how to apply that knowledge to improve sports performance, heal an injury, and make appropriate decisions about exercise and nutrition.
- Be aware of health principles and apply them to living a healthy life, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, socially, and environmentally
Skills Required For BEcoming P.E
- Dedication, hardwood is key in this field.
- Aspirants must possess good athletic skills and demonstrate good health, physical coordination, and vitality.
- Leadership skills
- Teaching skills
- Time-management and determination
- Perceptual skill
- Interpersonal skill
- Knowledge in health issues and physical activity
Physical education: how to pursue it
The Bachelor of Physical Education degree is only suitable for students interested in sports, fitness, and healthThe course lasts from 1 to 2 years or 3 to 4 years for undergraduate students. Those who complete this course can apply for postgraduate courses, such as an M.PEd, MBA (Sports Management), or a Ph.D. in physical education.
Eligibility Criteria: B.PEd duration (1 to 2 yrs)
1. Students should graduate from a recognized college with a minimum percentage of 50 to 60%.
2. Students who study physical education as a major or have played sports at the college are eligible for admission.
3. candidates should be between 19 to 25 years old.
Students should have completed class 12 in any stream and scored 45 - 60 percent
Students who study physical education as a major or have played sports at the college are eligible for admission.
candidates should be between 17 and more. However, physical education admissions are mainly based on performance in entrance examinations administered by universities and colleges.
B.PEd Entrance Exam :
Teachers who wish to pursue B.PEd should take the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) that is conducted at state, university, or institute levels. There are four levels in this entrance exam and candidates were shortlisted for B.PEd on the basis of these four tests and their scores.
1. written Exam - This test is used to assess candidates' abilities in areas such as general aptitude, general knowledge, English, and science.
2. physical efficiency Test- This test is used to test a candidate's physical fitness. A physical test may include pull-ups, flexed leg situps, a shuttle run, a 600-yard run, and a standing broad jump
3. Sports ability test - in this test candidates are assessed for the game on his/her choice.
4. Personal Interview- the interview round aimed at judging the overall personality of a candidate.
Career Opportunities In Physical Education :
Many careers are available in sports academies, health clubs, and sports goods manufacturing companies. Also, there are opportunities as a commentator, sports journalist, sports trainer, school/college teacher (physical education), etc.
Exercise Therapist, fitness specialist, personal fitness trainer, dance and aerobic instructor are all possible career opportunities in Physical Education
Career Prospects in The Hotel Management Industry | Hotel Management
Hotel management graduates have a wide range of career options at their fingertips. Since the hospitality industry has many departments like operations, food, and beverage, front office, accounting, security, etc. you can choose your preferred department and apply for various jobs.
Career Opportunities in Dairy Technology | Dairy Technology
Career in Printing Technology | Printing Technology
Printing Technology is a field in engineering which deals with the design and operation of printing presses.Many jobs in the printing technology field involve designing pages based on the needs of the client. The printing press handles book design, page design, cover design, poster design, and sometimes even clothing design.