Are You Eligible To Appear For The Civil Services Examination?
As discussed in our previous posts there are in total 24 civil services for which one can apply through the UPSC exam. But it is important to note that there are slight differences in eligibility criteria. As per the latest UPSC notification below are criteria that candidates must fulfill to appear for the civil services examination.
Nationality: It is one of the important eligibility criteria that one must confer to before applying for the exam. For candidates applying for IAS or IPS, they must be a citizen of India. For all the other 22 services if the candidate is not a citizen of India, they can be one of the following;
- A Citizen of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee settled in India before January 1, 1962.
- Candidate with an Indian origin and has migrated from countries like Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania,, the, etc van also apply. But they must migrate to India with the intention of permanent settlement.
- A citizen of Nepal and Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee does not have the eligibility to appear for the Indian Foreign Services.
Age Limit: In general the minimum age limit for the candidates appearing for the exam is 21 while the maximum is 32 years. But one must also take into account there are certain variations depending upon the caste reservations.
- For OBC the upper limit is 35 while for SC and ST it is 37 years.
- Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities have an upper age limit of 40.
- For domiciles of J&K born between January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989, the limit is 32 years.
- Ex-Servicemen, ECOs/SSCOs and Commissioned officers have an upper limit of 32 years. Check out for more information on the same on the UPSC website.
- Lastly, for the PwD candidates, the age limit is 37 years.
Educational Qualification: The following checklist will help understand the minimum educational qualification required to appear for UPSC. The candidates must fulfill at least one of the below criteria.
- A degree issued by a Central, State, Private, or a Deemed University.
- A degree from a foreign university subjected to it being recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Degrees are obtained through correspondence/distance education or from an open university.
- Any other degree that is termed as equivalent to one of the above by the government of India.
- Final year students awaiting their results are also eligible to appear for the exam.
- Candidates who have passed the MBBS final exam but have not completed the internship.
- Candidates who have cleared the final exam of ICAI, ICSI, and ICWAI can also apply.
Number Of Attempts: The number of attempts a candidate can take to appear for the exam is in no way related to age. There are certain pre-defined parameters defined by the board that candidates must adhere to.
- The general category students are allowed to take 6 attempts before they attain the maximum age limit of 32.
- For the OBC category, the number of attempts allowed is 9 till 35 years of age.
- The SC/ST candidates are allowed to take unlimited attempts until 37 years of age.
As a rule of thumb the if a candidate appears for the preliminary exam it is counted as the first attempt. However, in a scenario where the candidate has applied for the exam but has not appeared on the date of examination, it is not counted as an attempt.
Part Time Jobs | Best Paying Part Time Jobs
Working part-time means you work a fixed number of hours each day or week. You may work morning, afternoon, evening, or night shifts. Part-time jobs are ideal for people who prefer a work-life balance or cannot commit to a full-time job due to family obligations. Part-time employees are in demand, including seasonal workers, freelancers, etc. You can make money online in a number of ways, Here are our top picks for the best part-time jobs for workers seeking part-time work.
How To Become A Software Engineer/Developer
The field of software engineering is constantly changing. So, adopting new technologies is a must as they develop. IT professions have a wide variety of entry points due to their constantly changing nature. There is no single way to accomplish this, however. The following steps will help you become a knowledgeable programmer.
Hard skills: 9 skills for the job success
The hard skills are those which can be learned and measured. Training and education are generally necessary to acquire hard skills. Having a skill objectively evaluated is a good way to determine someone's proficiency. Most degrees and certifications require hard skills, including math, engineering, and even some humanities or social sciences.
Hard skill VS Softskill: WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT?
What is a soft skill?
Soft skills are character traits and interpersonal skills that characterize a person's relationships with other people. In the workplace, soft skills are considered to be a complement to hard skills, which refer to a person's knowledge and occupational skills.
What is a Hard Skill?
A hard skill is related to specific technical knowledge and training, which is measured by a test. It doesn't matter what job they are used for, these skills can be learned through formal education or on-the-job training. In contrast, soft skills are driven by characteristics such as leadership, communication, or time management. Soft skill is not a specific skill but is one that applies to all occupations.
Soft Skills | Everything You Need To Know About Soft Skills
Your personality is what defines your soft skills and they demonstrate how you accomplish specific tasks. Communicating effectively, being reliable, and working well with others are all soft skills. Your soft skills affect not only how you work at work, but how you conduct yourself day-to-day as well.
10 Tips To Choose Your Career
How to choose a career? seems like an easy question but actually, it's one among the toughest to answer. here we are assisting you to build your career in 10 easy steps. Discover the ten easy ways to work out the way to choose a career to seek out the foremost suitable career that fits you.
Top 7 Scholarship For Indian Students
A scholarship is awarded to encourage talent and to provide access to the type of education you deserve no matter how much money you have. Consequently, if you are someone who believes they deserve the best education and is not afraid to prove it, or know someone who could benefit from such scholarships, you should read on.