The Resume Guide for Freshers
Finished with college? Time to take the next step and venture into the professional world. The first thing that you need is a well-written resume that reflects your credentials. In other words, it can be called an identification card that helps in generating a positive first impression on the prospective employer. But preparing a resume without any prior work experience might not be as easy as it seems. Learning the tricks can make the job simpler for you. Every fresher resume must inculcate the following aspects to make a good first impression.
- The first and foremost factor that one must understand is one should never use generalized statements. For example, writing statements like “I am a strong-willed, enthusiastic person and a good team player”. Let the employer deduce the same from your behavior during the interview.
- Ensure that the content of the resume is crisp and to the point highlighting your qualifications and achievements. Providing concise information helps in keeping the reader engaged.
- With the tremendous rise in competition in every sector, it is important that you stand out from the rest. A good and well-written resume always acts as the first step in such a scenario. The trick is to be creative and use keywords appropriately as employers are most likely to find you online with the help of keywords.
- Always write the skill set and other qualifications as per the requirements of the job profile. Modifying the resume helps you get noticed by the employer.
Ensure that your resume adheres to the below-mentioned basic layout.
- Start by providing your contact information written in a legible and easy-to-read font. This should be followed by your career objective and ensure that it is brief and crisp.
- The next element in the resume should be your qualifications and skill set.
- As discussed above ensure that your skillset is written according to the job profile.
- Lastly, list down any kind of practical achievements and experiences that you have had during your college tenure. This can include projects and related internship programs.
Once down ensure that you proofread before sending it out to the prospective employer. This is important because nothing can be worse than a half-baked resume with typos or errors. It helps you ensure that you make a good first impression.
How To Become A Software Engineer/Developer
The field of software engineering is constantly changing. So, adopting new technologies is a must as they develop. IT professions have a wide variety of entry points due to their constantly changing nature. There is no single way to accomplish this, however. The following steps will help you become a knowledgeable programmer.
Hard skills: 9 skills for the job success
The hard skills are those which can be learned and measured. Training and education are generally necessary to acquire hard skills. Having a skill objectively evaluated is a good way to determine someone's proficiency. Most degrees and certifications require hard skills, including math, engineering, and even some humanities or social sciences.
Hard skill VS Softskill: WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT?
What is a soft skill?
Soft skills are character traits and interpersonal skills that characterize a person's relationships with other people. In the workplace, soft skills are considered to be a complement to hard skills, which refer to a person's knowledge and occupational skills.
What is a Hard Skill?
A hard skill is related to specific technical knowledge and training, which is measured by a test. It doesn't matter what job they are used for, these skills can be learned through formal education or on-the-job training. In contrast, soft skills are driven by characteristics such as leadership, communication, or time management. Soft skill is not a specific skill but is one that applies to all occupations.
Soft Skills | Everything You Need To Know About Soft Skills
Your personality is what defines your soft skills and they demonstrate how you accomplish specific tasks. Communicating effectively, being reliable, and working well with others are all soft skills. Your soft skills affect not only how you work at work, but how you conduct yourself day-to-day as well.
10 Tips To Choose Your Career
How to choose a career? seems like an easy question but actually, it's one among the toughest to answer. here we are assisting you to build your career in 10 easy steps. Discover the ten easy ways to work out the way to choose a career to seek out the foremost suitable career that fits you.
Top 7 Scholarship For Indian Students
A scholarship is awarded to encourage talent and to provide access to the type of education you deserve no matter how much money you have. Consequently, if you are someone who believes they deserve the best education and is not afraid to prove it, or know someone who could benefit from such scholarships, you should read on.
How to Become a Digital Marketer in 2021
Digital marketing refers to advertising delivered over the Internet through technologies, such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile apps. Digital marketing involves the use of online media channels by companies to endorse their products, services, and brands.
Are You Eligible To Appear For The Civil Services Examination?
The UPSC Board has certain predefined parameters that define the eligibility of the candidates to appear for the Civil Services Examination. Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification, and Number of allowed attempts are the parameters that make for this criterion. Our blog post discusses each one of them in detail.