Studying In USA- The Process
Studying In USA-The Process
When it is about pursuing education in a foreign land, the first choice for many is the USA. There are many reasons for the country being a favored international destination for students across the world. One of the prime reasons is the world-class universities offering excellent academic programs. Each of them is known for not just being restricted to classroom theories but go beyond. The presence of world-class faculties and state-of-the-art infrastructure is an added attraction. Studying in the states can be an experience of a lifetime offering global career opportunities. There are lakhs of students in our country who aspire to study in the USA but how does one get there? In the blog post below I would be discussing how to plan precisely for pursuing a short-term or a long-term course in the USA.
As an international student, there are five basic steps that are mandatory if you wish to study at a university in the USA.
- The first and foremost step is goal setting. Every student is required to make thorough research on the type of universities that would fit their goals. Once you have a list refine your search based on your course priority, fees, infrastructure, faculty, and other such factors.
- Once you have made your choice contact the admissions office and enquire about the application process. Colleges and universities in the US are known to have diverse procedures. A list of some of the standard requirements includes educational records, recommendation letters, and standardized test scores. Ensure to gather all the requirements and also financial assistance if required. Now complete your requirements as per the application requirements.
- Once you have all the requisite documents and the application form ready send the application along with the application fees. The college will have specific instructions to do the same ensure that you adhere to them strictly.
- After the application has been sent wait for the college to make their decision on your application. If you fulfill the admission criteria a letter of acceptance and form I-20 will be sent to you. Now apply for the student visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you. Ensure that you have all the required documents like passport and proof of financial support etc during the visa application process. You will be called for the visa interview and upon successful completion of the same visa will be stamped on the passport.
- Once you have the F-1 visa stamped on your passport make your travel arrangements and prepare for the departure. It is the final and the most important step of the process. Ensure that you have your tickets and travel and other documents ready prior to the date of travel. Sometimes the college also has pre-departure information or a checklist on their website. It is advisable to go through the same if available. Also, there are local EducationUSA centers online and offline offering pre-departure orientations.
Once you have completed all the required formalities get ready to take the plunge and explore new horizons. This was all about the preliminary application process. In our subsequent blog posts, we will take more about the standardized tests and the scores required for the application process.
Part Time Jobs | Best Paying Part Time Jobs
Working part-time means you work a fixed number of hours each day or week. You may work morning, afternoon, evening, or night shifts. Part-time jobs are ideal for people who prefer a work-life balance or cannot commit to a full-time job due to family obligations. Part-time employees are in demand, including seasonal workers, freelancers, etc. You can make money online in a number of ways, Here are our top picks for the best part-time jobs for workers seeking part-time work.
How To Become A Software Engineer/Developer
The field of software engineering is constantly changing. So, adopting new technologies is a must as they develop. IT professions have a wide variety of entry points due to their constantly changing nature. There is no single way to accomplish this, however. The following steps will help you become a knowledgeable programmer.
Hard skills: 9 skills for the job success
The hard skills are those which can be learned and measured. Training and education are generally necessary to acquire hard skills. Having a skill objectively evaluated is a good way to determine someone's proficiency. Most degrees and certifications require hard skills, including math, engineering, and even some humanities or social sciences.
Hard skill VS Softskill: WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT?
What is a soft skill?
Soft skills are character traits and interpersonal skills that characterize a person's relationships with other people. In the workplace, soft skills are considered to be a complement to hard skills, which refer to a person's knowledge and occupational skills.
What is a Hard Skill?
A hard skill is related to specific technical knowledge and training, which is measured by a test. It doesn't matter what job they are used for, these skills can be learned through formal education or on-the-job training. In contrast, soft skills are driven by characteristics such as leadership, communication, or time management. Soft skill is not a specific skill but is one that applies to all occupations.
Soft Skills | Everything You Need To Know About Soft Skills
Your personality is what defines your soft skills and they demonstrate how you accomplish specific tasks. Communicating effectively, being reliable, and working well with others are all soft skills. Your soft skills affect not only how you work at work, but how you conduct yourself day-to-day as well.
10 Tips To Choose Your Career
How to choose a career? seems like an easy question but actually, it's one among the toughest to answer. here we are assisting you to build your career in 10 easy steps. Discover the ten easy ways to work out the way to choose a career to seek out the foremost suitable career that fits you.
Top 7 Scholarship For Indian Students
A scholarship is awarded to encourage talent and to provide access to the type of education you deserve no matter how much money you have. Consequently, if you are someone who believes they deserve the best education and is not afraid to prove it, or know someone who could benefit from such scholarships, you should read on.