Studying In USA- The Process
Studying In USA-The Process
When it is about pursuing education in a foreign land, the first choice for many is the USA. There are many reasons for the country being a favored international destination for students across the world. One of the prime reasons is the world-class universities offering excellent academic programs. Each of them is known for not just being restricted to classroom theories but go beyond. The presence of world-class faculties and state-of-the-art infrastructure is an added attraction. Studying in the states can be an experience of a lifetime offering global career opportunities. There are lakhs of students in our country who aspire to study in the USA but how does one get there? In the blog post below I would be discussing how to plan precisely for pursuing a short-term or a long-term course in the USA.
As an international student, there are five basic steps that are mandatory if you wish to study at a university in the USA.
- The first and foremost step is goal setting. Every student is required to make thorough research on the type of universities that would fit their goals. Once you have a list refine your search based on your course priority, fees, infrastructure, faculty, and other such factors.
- Once you have made your choice contact the admissions office and enquire about the application process. Colleges and universities in the US are known to have diverse procedures. A list of some of the standard requirements includes educational records, recommendation letters, and standardized test scores. Ensure to gather all the requirements and also financial assistance if required. Now complete your requirements as per the application requirements.
- Once you have all the requisite documents and the application form ready send the application along with the application fees. The college will have specific instructions to do the same ensure that you adhere to them strictly.
- After the application has been sent wait for the college to make their decision on your application. If you fulfill the admission criteria a letter of acceptance and form I-20 will be sent to you. Now apply for the student visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you. Ensure that you have all the required documents like passport and proof of financial support etc during the visa application process. You will be called for the visa interview and upon successful completion of the same visa will be stamped on the passport.
- Once you have the F-1 visa stamped on your passport make your travel arrangements and prepare for the departure. It is the final and the most important step of the process. Ensure that you have your tickets and travel and other documents ready prior to the date of travel. Sometimes the college also has pre-departure information or a checklist on their website. It is advisable to go through the same if available. Also, there are local EducationUSA centers online and offline offering pre-departure orientations.
Once you have completed all the required formalities get ready to take the plunge and explore new horizons. This was all about the preliminary application process. In our subsequent blog posts, we will take more about the standardized tests and the scores required for the application process.
Career Prospects in The Hotel Management Industry | Hotel Management
Hotel management graduates have a wide range of career options at their fingertips. Since the hospitality industry has many departments like operations, food, and beverage, front office, accounting, security, etc. you can choose your preferred department and apply for various jobs.
Career Opportunities in Dairy Technology | Dairy Technology
Career in Printing Technology | Printing Technology
Printing Technology is a field in engineering which deals with the design and operation of printing presses.Many jobs in the printing technology field involve designing pages based on the needs of the client. The printing press handles book design, page design, cover design, poster design, and sometimes even clothing design.
Career and Scope in Ocean Engineering
The field of ocean engineering is a subset of marine technology studies, including maritime engineering, that focuses on applying design, construction, and maintenance methods to ocean environments. It is one of the branches of technological studies that deal with the design and operation of man-made systems in the oceans and other bodies of water.
Career Opportunities in Computer Science
Computer science is indeed a major part of education. An undergraduate degree in computer science is also an accessible and vital career path, so we can say it's a good one. Despite that, students still get confused about what to do after graduating from an engineering program in computer science. Nowadays, there are many career options available to you.