Studying In USA- The Process
Studying In USA-The Process
When it is about pursuing education in a foreign land, the first choice for many is the USA. There are many reasons for the country being a favored international destination for students across the world. One of the prime reasons is the world-class universities offering excellent academic programs. Each of them is known for not just being restricted to classroom theories but go beyond. The presence of world-class faculties and state-of-the-art infrastructure is an added attraction. Studying in the states can be an experience of a lifetime offering global career opportunities. There are lakhs of students in our country who aspire to study in the USA but how does one get there? In the blog post below I would be discussing how to plan precisely for pursuing a short-term or a long-term course in the USA.
As an international student, there are five basic steps that are mandatory if you wish to study at a university in the USA.
- The first and foremost step is goal setting. Every student is required to make thorough research on the type of universities that would fit their goals. Once you have a list refine your search based on your course priority, fees, infrastructure, faculty, and other such factors.
- Once you have made your choice contact the admissions office and enquire about the application process. Colleges and universities in the US are known to have diverse procedures. A list of some of the standard requirements includes educational records, recommendation letters, and standardized test scores. Ensure to gather all the requirements and also financial assistance if required. Now complete your requirements as per the application requirements.
- Once you have all the requisite documents and the application form ready send the application along with the application fees. The college will have specific instructions to do the same ensure that you adhere to them strictly.
- After the application has been sent wait for the college to make their decision on your application. If you fulfill the admission criteria a letter of acceptance and form I-20 will be sent to you. Now apply for the student visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you. Ensure that you have all the required documents like passport and proof of financial support etc during the visa application process. You will be called for the visa interview and upon successful completion of the same visa will be stamped on the passport.
- Once you have the F-1 visa stamped on your passport make your travel arrangements and prepare for the departure. It is the final and the most important step of the process. Ensure that you have your tickets and travel and other documents ready prior to the date of travel. Sometimes the college also has pre-departure information or a checklist on their website. It is advisable to go through the same if available. Also, there are local EducationUSA centers online and offline offering pre-departure orientations.
Once you have completed all the required formalities get ready to take the plunge and explore new horizons. This was all about the preliminary application process. In our subsequent blog posts, we will take more about the standardized tests and the scores required for the application process.
Cracking The Campus Recruitment Drive
Campus recruitments are an important event for any college student. How one's career progresses depends much on the first company they get selected into. With the competition increasing at an exponential rate it is important to stand out from the rest. Hence it is always advisable to prepare for the recruitment drive much in advance.
A Comprehensive Guide For SAT Exam
Studying abroad could be more than just a mundane educational experience. It not only opens up new horizons but gives one a new perspective in life. An international degree can be the stepping to stone to a bright flourishing career in future. Appearing for the SAT exam can just be that kickstart you are looking for.
Tips To Improving Your Chances Of Getting A Government Job
With the increasing demand finding a government job is a tough job. There are certain tips that can help increase your chances but always remember there are no shortcuts though. Systematic preparation and channelizing your efforts in the right direction is very important.
Preparing For The Indian Administrative Services Exam
The IAS exam is a popular competitive exam conducted by the UPSC in India. It is considered to be one of the premier posts and offers a lucrative career for the candidates. The blog post provides all the necessary information related to the exam.
Benefits Of Studying In Abroad
With globalized job markets having an international degree can give a good initial boost to your career. Apart from increasing your employability studying abroad can also have various other benefits as well. Through our blog post, we would discuss on how studying abroad can be a life-changing experience during your student life and beyond.