A Guide To Preparing For Placement Aptitude Test
What is the purpose of the aptitude test?
The purpose of an aptitude test is to assess your problem-solving abilities. Make sure you are solving problems faster than your competitors. There is no way to progress further into the interview rounds in any of the companies without taking an aptitude test. Taking an aptitude test is a stressful experience, so we share career guidance tips for avoiding it.
1. Bringing together information on aptitude tests
- prepare for campus placement 7-8 months in advance by researching aptitude tests.
- Seek advice from seniors - Your graduated seniors can help you with the aptitude test since they also found it helpful. In addition, you can also get sample papers and other materials, as well as guidance and tips. Because they are fresh out of college, they would remember every detail.
- Contact the campus placement office.
- List the companies that conduct aptitude tests. This information can usually be found in placement cells.
- Test of external aptitude.
- In Quora or Reddit, you can learn more about external aptitude tests like AMCAT tests that can help you with skill assessment and help you get a job.
2. Identify the key topics for every subject:
- Examine the general subjects, such as quantitative ability, logical ability, and English, as well as the engineering-specific subjects.
- Choose books written by experts such as Dr. RS Aggarwal on the Aptitude test. Pay attention to the important topics. In this section, we discuss some of the topics relevant to aptitude tests for quantitative aptitude.
Quantitative Ability-Basic Mathematics, Divisibility, HCM & LCM, Numbers, Decimal Fractions & Power, Applied Mathematics, Profit & Loss, Simple and compound interest Time, Speed, and Distance, Inverse , Engineering Mathematics, Logarithms, Permutations & Combinations, Probability.
Logical Ability- Deductive Reasoning, Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Directional Sense, Logical Word, Sequence, Objective Reasoning, Selection decision tables, Puzzles, Inductive Reasoning, Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition, Analogy and Classification pattern recognition, Adductive Reasoning, Logical word sequence, Data sufficiency
Verbal Skills-Glossary, Term synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary relevant to the context, Grammar, Identification of the error, Construction and Improvement of Sentences, Comprehension, Reading Comprehension
3. You can practice the sample papers
- Using old question papers, you can identify the important topics. Make sure those topics and the question patterns are discussed prior to the expiration of a few months.
- After acquiring the subject knowledge you can start learning about other facets of the aptitude test, such as testing the time limit or completing the whole paper. Solve as many sample papers as you can.
4. Make reference material and information sheets
- Information sheets are documents containing the most important information, such as formulas, grammar rules, word lists, basic concepts, etc. Create such sheets for every section and keep them in a folder.
- To revise in the last few hours before your aptitude test, these sheets must be precise and comprehensive.
5. You need to revise a lot
- Preparation is the key to success.
- .Revise the important topics until a week before the aptitude test. As soon as the placement season begins, you have to prepare for several things, such as group discussions and technical interviews.
Career Options In Indian Army | Indian Army
An Indian Army career is a great choice for those who are passionate about serving the nation and wish to contribute to maintaining national peace. The Indian Army's main objective is to maintain national security by defending the country from external threats. Among its seven commands are Eastern, Western, Northern, Central, Southern, South-Western, and Training Command.
Career Options in Ceramic Engineering | Ceramic Engineering
Objects made from inorganic and non-metallic materials are called ceramics. Using ceramic engineering, these objects can be molded and designed. The principles of ceramic engineering combine chemistry, physics, and engineering. Examples of ceramic sciences applied to everyday life include fiber-optic devices, microprocessors, and solar panels
Career Options in Agricultural Engineering | Agricultural Engineering
Agriculture engineers are also called biological engineers. In addition to finding solutions to agricultural problems and meeting people's agricultural demands, agriculture engineers design and develop new farming techniques and equipment that make farming safer, more sustainable, and more environmentally friendly.